Cashless Exchanges

Cashless Exchanges

Postby whitebakecase » Mon May 28, 2012 8:10 am

Just recently, a few of us got together and created facebook groups where folk can trade their unwanted goods, or trade their services, in return for other goods or services. We've accumulated a broad range of professions so far, and many people have already completed exchanges of goods and services without a single penny changing hands.

So far, we've 3 groups in the Midlands. I welcome any fellow facebook users to join up, have a look what sort of things go on, and feel free to contribute. Also, I'd be pleased to see other groups formed in other areas with the same mission in mind, and following roughly the same format.

I'm not doing it for popularity or any special recognition, I just think that money has become too important to society and people have forgotten that really we are just human beings, and there are much more rewarding ways to trade.

Heres the links to the groups formed so far:

Cashless Exchange Stafford & Surrounding:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/211320985651734/

Cashless Exchange Lichfield & Surrounding:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/252443321529845/

Cashless Exchange Stoke-On-Trent & Surrounding:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/435525966476970/

If any fellow TPUC members do end up forming their own regional group, you are more than welcome to advertise your group URL on all the above, nothing good will come of this if people dont chip in :)
BE the change YOU want to see
whitebakecase

Re: Cashless Exchanges

Postby whitebakecase » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:00 pm

bump
whitebakecase

Postby JoboPooks » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:35 am

This is a great idea! I'll watchlist this thread......
UK laws are selective, not only by those very laws, but by the corrupt who manage them.
There is only one truth, one reality; one's own
My only point of power is now

Jobo Pooks

I don't believe Bin Laden is dead!
JoboPooks

Postby JoboPooks » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:38 am

I'm not on FB and don't want to be so if any other arenas are used I'll take a look. :)
UK laws are selective, not only by those very laws, but by the corrupt who manage them.

Jobo Pooks

JoboPooks

Postby whitebakecase » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:06 pm

facebook is good if you use it in the right way, some folks like to advertise their entire life on there, others see it as I do, an invaluable marketing tool which offers free hosting and free web space
whitebakecase

Postby JoboPooks » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:45 pm

They're pushing for people's mobile phone numbers and if you don't supply them, they suspend your account. No thanks, Mark.... :lol:

Jobo Pooks

JoboPooks

Postby 1.618 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:17 pm

this is slightly off topic so apologies :-)

JoboPooks wrote:They're pushing for people's mobile phone numbers and if you don't supply them, they suspend your account. No thanks, Mark.... :lol:

i had an account to promote my website but they stopped it and wouldn't let me in without giving them a phone number, i emailed and asked why and got this reply

Hi,

You were asked to confirm your identity because our security systems thought you may not be using your real information on this account or that you may have multiple accounts. If you already tried to log in at http://www.facebook.com and follow the instructions to confirm your identity but weren’t able to complete the process, we’ll need to see other proof of your identity.

If you already submitted a copy of your ID, simply reply to this email. Once we receive your reply, we can assist you further.

If you have not uploaded your ID:

1. Use a scanner or take a digital photo of a government-issued photo ID (ex: driver’s license or passport), which shows your full first and last name and date of birth.
2. Reply directly to this email and attach the image of your ID to the message.
3. We will confirm that your ID and account information match. As soon as we verify your identity we’ll delete the image of your ID.

Please note that we cannot process your request unless you submit the proper identification. We're sorry for any inconvenience this caused.

If you have any questions about this process, please visit our Help Center:

https://www.facebook.com/help/?page=1132

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

in order to send that email, i had to log into my email account through facebook and give yahoo permission to share info with facebook, they wouldn't send the confirmation email otherwise meaning i would have to give a phone number ( i don't own a mobile and never will). i immediately changed my email password after but now everytime i try and log in it says i've given the wrong username or password and takes a few attempts before i can log in, i'm getting catchphas pop up as well now. facebook have fucked my email account right up so be warned, i will be deleting my email account shortly.

i think the cashless exchange is a great idea, but using facebook for any reason is not, i had no personal info on there, just a page for my site, i didn't break any terms or conditions and they nuked my account for no good reason.

Postby JoboPooks » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:23 pm

There's a real good reason. They want your mobile number to sell to companies that will target you, but here's the main thing: You can be tracked via GPS so your movements won't be private. Not that people have anything to hide but there are seriouis implications when you are being tracked and think about security as banking is now moving into the mobile phone arena. FB say they will keep your number secure - yeh, like they did with all those accounts that got hacked. Hackers can get through anything once they set their minds to it. Google is rolling out the same kind of shit and people are dropping out, as they are with FB. Twitter will be next. People who use apps to clear their twitter accounts actually believe that their tweets are gone, but they're not - everything is backed up for ever.

Ok, you can use someone elses phone or buy a cheapo and switch it off afterward or you can just join one of the networking sites that are popping up because FB is now on a mission of self-destruct..... :lol:

Jobo Pooks

JoboPooks

Postby whitebakecase » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:58 am

they can have my number. well, they can have the number of the knackered sagem thing that lives in my kitchen drawer anyway, theres no credit on it, the screen is broke, and it never moves. same as my email, they wont be having my proper address, but they can have the address for my "junk,spam,and general sign-up spiel" account
whitebakecase

Postby JoboPooks » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:13 am

Yeh, of course we can all do that, but given their agendas, I wouldn't want to support them. Same as Authonomy, the deluded writer's site that is owned by Harper Collins. which is ultimately owned by Rupert Murdoch. Everyone who uses that site supports it so they are ultimately supporting the Murdoch empire. :lol:

Jobo Pooks

JoboPooks

Next

Return to Trades Men and Women