Can Implied Right of Access be withdrawn if I live in a flat

Forum rules
The articles and opinions written on this website , might not reflect the views of the site, We do not give legal advice and in no way are we responsible for what is written by our members

Can Implied Right of Access be withdrawn if I live in a flat

Postby IlikeMarmite » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:14 am

Hi all,
Does anyone have any experience of withdrawing Implied Right of Access for TVL people, if you live somewhere which has shared access with other flats?
If I tell TVL that I am withdrawing their implied rights of access to my flat, does that mean they are not allowed to walk from the road up to the main front door of the flats (of which my flat is one). What about if they wanted to visit one of my neighbours?
IlikeMarmite

Re: Can Implied Right of Access be withdrawn if I live in a

Postby delbertwilkins » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:46 pm

If you mean communal entrance, then no. It's classed as `public` and you can tell because it will have `No smoking -illegal to smoke` signs in the corridors etc.

Removing TVL implied right of access to your property means you are communicating with the TVL, is that something you want?
delbertwilkins

Postby luciddreamer » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:20 pm

Yes you can I did it when I lived in a flat. Please see my post entitled !Success! - Removal of implied rights of access.

The communial area isn't a public space and at the very least you can stop them using the bit that leads to your front door.

Why not comminicate anonymously with TVL what harm could it possibly do?
luciddreamer

Postby delbertwilkins » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Whilst you can remove an implied right of access to a particular flat in a block with communal entrance (I know first hand, the TVL/BBC will acknowlegde it), it doesn't mean it will stop them from `fabricating` evidence based on `evasion`.

The communal areas in most flats are treated-as public to allow access for workmen, emergency services etc.

As the original poster asked:

If I tell TVL that I am withdrawing their implied rights of access to my flat, does that mean they are not allowed to walk from the road up to the main front door of the flats (of which my flat is one). What about if they wanted to visit one of my neighbours?

I thought it appropriate to answer no, I would surmise the landlord would have to remove implied right of access to the whole block.

There is a TVL website where it has been suggested removing the TVLs implied right of access could be seen as licence evasion and in one case a warrant was issued based on the `document` from the occupier.

So be warned when sending anything to the TVL people, especially if it's a template of `freeman nonsense`.
delbertwilkins

Postby freemenorthants » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:08 pm

well i find the last reply odd, as i done just this and in a flat and letter came came to no name, as i never gave it, and claimming will not come in the block to my flat, yet still will try to contract and haressment, so i am always ready if this happens and freeman/woman, movment helps in many areasalos. why pay for bia tv viewing and over the head to so called eilite tv presenters and pointless mind control tv shows. i for one awken to these lies bbc feeds us dailiy
freemenorthants

Postby delbertwilkins » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:38 pm

freemenorthants wrote:well i find the last reply odd, as i done just this and in a flat and letter came came to no name, as i never gave it, and claimming will not come in the block to my flat, yet still will try to contract and haressment

Are you claiming that you have successfully removed the TVL agents implied rights of access to the whole block and not just your address? Does the letter from the TVL state they will not enter the whole block/property or just not approach your property within the block?
delbertwilkins

Return to TV Licence