Facts of the fiction of xmass.

Any thing Religion related. Please adhere to Forum rules if you want to post in this section
Forum rules
The conditions imposed in this section are not applicable to the rest of the forum sections...so people posting do so with the consequences in mind..this is a clear warnings that anyone breaking the conditions will be temporary banned forthwith with no further warning...if they persist after retuning they will be permanently excluded..for any of the following conditions, name calling, seemingly recruiting for any ideology... slandering races or religions outside of presenting facts and the questioning of those facts and their sources...no mischief making... I will be head mod in this section so i have the final say. Any problems either PM me or email me at ben@tpuc.org

Facts of the fiction of xmass.

Postby bodge » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:44 pm

DO YOU KNOW THE REAL MEANING OF THE CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS?

THE CHRISTMAS TREE

A pine tree had once been sacred to the deity Attis and the Great Mother of Gods, Cybele, in the cult brought to Rome from Phrygia in 204 BC. To celebrate the god devotees hung gold and silver ornaments upon a pine tree, placed the image of a sacred bird in its branches and left sacrificial gifts beneath it. Evergreens were also seen as symbols of rebirth and as protective charms against the machinations of evil forces. In particular, the Yuletide Tree was sacred to the Teutonic god Woden as a symbol of eternal life.

In the 8th century, St Boniface, who for a time lived at Nursling near Romsey in Hampshire, is said to have adopted the fir tree as a symbol of the new Christian faith to replace the Druid sacred oak. In the 15th century the tree was hung with small white wafers representing the Eucharist which were later cut into the shape of stars, angels, hearts, flowers and bells and garlands of paper roses were strung across the tree's branches. Martin Luther, leader of the Reformation movement in the 16th century, was the first to introduce light to decorate it.

But it was not until 1840 that Prince Albert introduced the custom to Britain from Germany and soon the Victorian public were mimicking their royal family's decorations. It was an instant success.

MISTLETOE

Kissing under the Mistletoe was an ancient Druid rite. Known as the 'Golden Bough' of ancient times mistletoe figures in many superstitions and beliefs world-wide. It symbolised the life essence and rebirth and it was believed its magical properties could be preserved only by cutting with a golden knife. Because of its heathen background, mistletoe, even today, is not permitted to be used in church decorations.

HOLLY AND IVY

The pagans believed that holly had amazing protective powers and a large bunch was traditionally hung in doorways. The Romans used evergreen ivy – the symbol of everlasting life – to decorate their homes and temples.

YULETIDE LOGS

Nowadays the tradition of the Yuletide Log persists as a decorative cake but its symbolism dates back to the days of the old fire rituals of the Norsemen. A heavy log of oak would be ceremoniously brought into the house, placed on the hearth and set alight from the previous year's log. This was a symbolic representation of the rebirth of the sun's power at the Winter Solstice.

THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS

In the Middle Ages the Christmas festivities lasted from Christmas Eve to January 6th. A popular game in the Tudor times was that of the cumulative rhyme that we still sing today. During the 12 day period of partying the church bells would toll for the death of the old year and joyfully peal in the New Year.

FATHER CHRISTMAS

For any child the most important tradition of Christmas is seen in the jolly figure of Father Christmas. In the past the giving of gifts was done on December 6th in memory of Saint Nicholas who secretly placed small gifts in the shoes of children. He is the patron saint of youth, scholars, merchants, sailors, travellers and thieves! In the reign of Henry VIII the tradition of present giving was knocked on the head as it was considered that this reverent event was being taken as an excuse for riotous behaviour. However, so as not to upset the children, the giving of presents was moved to Christmas Day instead.

Santa Claus is an American corruption of the name St Nicholas. In 1931, The Coca-Cola Company commissioned a young Swedish artist, Haddon Sundblom, to design a Santa Claus to market their products. To quote their press information they wanted to "create a jolly, warm character to reflect the same qualities associated with Coca-Cola- warmth, fun, joy and sparkling celebration."

Sundblom's Santa is the one we know today dressed in a lavish red costume with white fur trim, with a billowing beard, ample waistline and huge belt. Santa Claus is a fitting symbol to illustrate how December 25th's imagery has evolved: from pagan ritual to Christian Festival to strategically planned Xmas marketing campaign.
Ged tha mi bochd tha mi uasal ; buidheachas do Dhia is ann de
Chlann 'ill Eathain mi (Though I am poor I am proud; thank God I am
a Maclean.)
bodge

Re: Facts of the fiction of xmass.

Postby Nemesis » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:17 pm

bodge wrote:Santa Claus is an American corruption of the name St Nicholas. In 1931, The Coca-Cola Company commissioned a young Swedish artist, Haddon Sundblom, to design a Santa Claus to market their products. To quote their press information they wanted to "create a jolly, warm character to reflect the same qualities associated with Coca-Cola- warmth, fun, joy and sparkling celebration."

Sundblom's Santa is the one we know today dressed in a lavish red costume with white fur trim, with a billowing beard, ample waistline and huge belt. Santa Claus is a fitting symbol to illustrate how December 25th's imagery has evolved: from pagan ritual to Christian Festival to strategically planned Xmas marketing campaign.

This is not strictly true.

Coca cola did indeed do the most to popularise the modern image that we have of Santa, but were not the first to depict him in his red, fur-trimmed outfit.

In fact, they weren't even the first drinks company to use this image of Santa.

Here's Santa as depicted in Life Magazine, December 12th 1923, for the White Rock Drinks Company:-

(Taken from http://www.whiterocking.org/santa.html).
DISCONNECT FROM THE CRIMINAL GOVERNMENT
Nemesis

Postby bodge » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:42 pm

Aaah a santa spotter? well spotted there mate. This what happens when people come together and share their information and we are all enlightened.
a Maclean.)
bodge

Postby Nemesis » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:45 pm

bodge wrote:Aaah a santa spotter? well spotted there mate. This what happens when people come together and share their information and we are all enlightened.

Ye Bodge, i'm a bit defensive about Santa. Probably because i still believe in him! :)
DISCONNECT FROM THE CRIMINAL GOVERNMENT
Nemesis

Postby bodge » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:49 pm

As I am about the easter bunny, 8-)
a Maclean.)
bodge

Postby startfresh » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:02 pm

bodge wrote:As I am about the easter bunny, 8-)

merry xmas from freshy
startfresh

Postby Desiderio » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:57 am

the topic was old enough....haha :lol:
Desiderio

Postby Thomas » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:12 am

"Market-system" legislation and Usury.
"Facts of the fiction of xmass." And the corporate fiction. Both chuch and state and all Politics.

wiki
"Corporate governance is the set of processes, customs, policies, laws, and institutions affecting the way a corporation (or company) is directed, administered or controlled.[1][2] An important theme of corporate governance is the nature and extent of accountability of particular individuals in the organization, and mechanisms that try to reduce or eliminate the principal-agent problem.[3]"

Excerpt:
Xmas has absolutely nothing to do with God. It was originally called Yuletide, which is a pagan festival from the Babylonian Mystery religion of SUN worship. The Babylonians were merchants (they were the originators of the "Market-system" which is condemned by God) and they used Yuletide to sell their merchandise because, like today, it made them lots of money. Then in the first century A.D. Simon (the Sorcerer) Pater (NOT Peter) stole the name christian, mixed it with the Babylonian Mystery religion and formed a new religion called christianity, that teaches the opposite of what Christ taught, and has SUNdays as its sabbath days, due to its SUN-god worshipping origins (Galatians 1:6-9; 2:4). Simon Pater NOT Simon Peter (Cephas) started the fake religion called "christianity" (Acts 8:9-25). Christ's TRUE followers or disciples called themselves "Followers of The Way" or "Those True to The Covenant" (Nazrim ha-Brit), NOT christians.

SUNday is the FIRST day of the week, NOT the Sabbath which is the SEVENTH day; on which God rested. This "so-called" christianity perverted the teachings of Christ and incorporated their pagan rituals, in their temples, which have as their focal point a "Tower of Babel" (from which the word Babylon is derived) in which were babbling-bells. This is directly opposed to the true teaching of Christ who says that YOU must NOT go to church (Matthew 6:5-6 where synagogue means all churches). They also hijacked the virgin-birth and moved it from April to December 25th to coincide with their own Yuletide festival, which Christ says he HATES, in the Holy Bible, in Apocalypse/Revelation 2:6, 15, where the Nicolaitanes, whose doctrine Christ hates, are the followers of Santa (Ni)-Claus, who celebrate Yuletide (and Easter [Ishtar] a god of fertility - eggs are the symbol of fertility not crucifixion).

Verse 6: But this thou hast (in thy favour), that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes which I (Christ) ALSO HATE.

Verse 15: So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes (the followers of St.Nicholas - Santa Claus), which thing I (Christ) HATE.

The Nicolaitans celebrate Yule-tide (Christmas now) and Santa Claus (st. Nicholas) and decorate trees with silver, which thing Christ HATES, because it is Satanic and NOT from God or Christ, as he makes perfectly clear in the verses above.

SANTA CLAUS WEARS SCARLET which Christ has told us is SATAN'S COLOUR (see Revelations chapter 12 verses 3+9 - the great RED dragon - SATAN).

SANTA CLAUS is an anagram for SATAN.
SATAN LUCAS/LUCIFER - THE DEVIL.
Thomas

Postby jayone » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:17 pm

You missed the important bit of fiction ... Jesus.
jayone

Postby bodge » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:18 pm

:lol: :lol: nice one.
a Maclean.)
bodge

Next

Return to Religion