Revealed: government plans for police privatisation

For most General Posts.
Forum rules
The articles and opinions written on this website , might not reflect the views of the site, We do not give legal advice and in no way are we responsible for what is written by our members

Revealed: government plans for police privatisation

Postby mescalito » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:23 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/mar/0 ... irms-crime

Ben Priestley, Unison's national office for police and justice, which covers many police civilian staff, said it was alarmed by the programme: "Bringing the private sector into policing is a dangerous experiment with local safety and taxpayers' money," he said. "We are urging police authorities not to fall into the trap of thinking the private sector is the answer to the coalition's cuts. The fact that the Home Office is refusing to publish its business case – even under FOI [the Freedom of Information Act] – speaks for itself.

"Privatisation means that the police will be less accountable to the public. And people will no longer be able to go to the Independent Police Complaints Commission if they have a problem. When a critical incident happens, a force's ability to respond will be severely compromised. The only winners are private companies and shareholders who make profits at the expense of local services."
mescalito

Re: Revealed: government plans for police privatisation

Postby HuGe » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:04 pm

remember the recent story bout the eu branding liverpool, manchester & birmingham as no go areas ?

;)
.The Tipping Point Has Already Happened... November 14th 2010
HuGe

Postby 1.618 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:26 pm

We are urging police authorities not to fall into the trap of thinking the private sector is the answer to the coalition's cuts

remember that story about Britain being bankrupt and needing a bailout?

Postby HuGe » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:10 am

this thread kinda reminded me of this... ... ...

which will be worse... the pcso's or the privatized plod ?

:)
.The Tipping Point Has Already Happened... November 14th 2010
HuGe

Postby bodge » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:42 am

They are all agents of a tyranny. None of them are any fkn good unless they are dealing purely with common law offences and not an interpretation of said laws.
Ged tha mi bochd tha mi uasal ; buidheachas do Dhia is ann de
Chlann 'ill Eathain mi (Though I am poor I am proud; thank God I am
a Maclean.)
bodge

Postby 1.618 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:49 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17242956

Private security firms could investigate some crimes and patrol neighbourhoods under plans being drawn up for police in England and Wales.

The West Midlands and Surrey forces have invited bids for contracts from private firms, on behalf of all forces.

this is the end result of that bailout a few years ago, everyone seems to have forgotten about, corporate police will eventually be a law unto themselves.... big brother taking another step closer whlst the masses sleep...

i did have one thought though, if they are taking tenders from private companies then why not submit a freeman trust application and we'll patrol the streets ourselves, with common law and common sense!!

Return to General