Student Loan

The Evidence Is Mounting can you add more Evidence?
Forum rules
The articles and opinions written on this website , might not reflect the views of the site, We do not give legal advice and in no way are we responsible for what is written by our members

Student Loan

Postby Eddie03 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:49 pm

Hello everyone,

I have heard John Harris speaking about getting away with not paying a student loan in the UK. I come from Czech Republic but have lived, worked and studied in the UK for the past 4 years. I have managed to pay my university fees so far but I am starting my Masters Degree this year and I am thinking about taking a student loan if this works.

Does anyone know a little more about this matter?
Thank you all :)
Eddie03

Re: Student Loan

Postby guitarman001 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:03 pm

I would also be interested in hearing about this. I graduated in engineering but the pay in the UK is sub-standard compared to Europe and the US. Consequently I am finding more difficult than some to pay back the student loan (from SLC, Student Loans Company). I've heard so much rubbish over the years about how to avoid it, but have never heard ONE genuine case where it hasn't been paid back through a legal loophole. I'm not going to earn a low wage until I retire in order to default on it. Nor am I going to flee the country (I know some people who have) and then lose touch with the UK, eventually writing off their debt. I almost feel a sucker for paying mine back, and it's big!

I've heard stories about your birth certificate and bonds and asking the SLC to SHOW you the contract that you were meant to have signed etc. So far nada, nothing, zilcho that I would want to try and implement.
guitarman001

Postby Disnae » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:56 pm

Why would you not pay your student loan back?
Disnae

Postby Jiggady » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:03 pm

My opinion on this is that if you get funds for something, you pay it back. BUT, i'm not quite sure what the story would be about the interest. Have they charged you interest???

I'll look into this also, but i'm sure there isn't a law that states we are obliged to pay the interest, as they made it out of thin air. If they force it upon you, surely this is fraud. They should at least give you the chance to be able to pay the interest back, but because that never gets printed, were doomed, as you can see with the economy.

I'm sure you will still save a nice bit of dolla. Don't worry about work yet mate, got a revolution coming. Hopefully we will be able to sort out a decent way of living, with our Common laws again.

Jiggs
Jiggady

Postby zibafu » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:04 am

what about the a4v approach, I don't fully understand it myself, something my dad's been rambling on about hehe

but in its most basic form the a4v way you basically use your national insurance number to get the treasury to pay off your debt, apparently its pretty much a 50/50 shot as to whether it works as it requires you to write a Cheque out in a slightly different way, which means it all depends on whether the person accepts your Cheque, if they do its smooth sailing, if they don't, they don't you continue as normal, you cannot be punished for trying as simply put, there's no law that says we cannot spend the money from the taxes we pay, only laws... that is to say statutes before someone corrects me, that say we must pay them :o

Anyhow could be worth looking into
zibafu

Postby Melba21 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:32 am

Student knowledge loans help learners to pay for the price of their knowledge. Identifying how much to gain access to will be established by the price of expenses and guides and by the amount of other financing that is obtained. When you ask for a mortgage you need to remember that the resources will need to be returned. The benefit of this type of financing is that the mortgage is given at a very low rate when compared to other types of credit.
Melba21

Postby Littledude413 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Shocking question, I'm sure if i went to Czech Republic and ripped off your country there would be consequences
Littledude413

Return to UNITED KINGDOM CORPORATION LTD (UK PLC)